SilverSneakers® Fitness Program
Regence MedAdvantage includes the Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness Program as a benefit for members at no additional cost. A leading wellness program designed exclusively for people with Medicare, SilverSneakers concentrates on improving members’ overall health. There are a number of reasons why you should encourage your patients to participate in SilverSneakers:
- Members receive a complimentary basic fitness membership to help them get active and stay healthy.
- Members can meet new friends and stay connected at social activities and health education events.
- Fitness locations offer amenities, such as fitness equipment, treadmills, free weights and signature SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults.
- Members have access to more than 11,000 participating locations across the country, including many women-only sites. Trained Program AdvisorsSM are available at each location to offer guidance and motivation.
- Members can be part of a thriving and secure online community via the program’s member website, where they can create exercise and nutrition plans, track fitness progress, find health articles and recipes, and much more.
- SilverSneakers Steps is a personalized fitness program for members who are unable to visit a SilverSneakers location. When enrolling in Steps, members select one of four kits that best fits their lifestyle and fitness level – general fitness, strength, walking or yoga. The Steps wellness tools can help members get fit at home or when travelling.
In addition, SilverSneakers offers the following educational materials that you may use when discussing the benefits of a fitness program as it relates to:
We encourage you to remind patients about this program and the ways it can benefit their health. Learn more about SilverSneakers (PDF) and find a list of participating locations near you.
Back to Product information »
Note: To print a PDF document, you need Adobe® Reader®. Download it now for free.